We're excited to announce that DEMCO is again giving away a Gaming Gear Package to one lucky library that participates in National Gaming Day 2011!
Here's how your library can enter the contest.
- Register for this year's National Gaming Day event. If your library is already registered for NGD11, you're automatically eligible. To check if your library is registered, look for your name on the map of participating libraries.
- Download the DEMCO contest application form (pdf) and read through the entry rules (pdf). You'll want to prepare ahead of time how you'll capture the day's excitement @ your library. You may even want to involve your teen advisory board or a local gaming group to help track everything that happens so that you can include it in your contest entry.
- Participate on November 12, 2011. Play some games and have loads of fun!
- Submit your application to DEMCO by December 14, 2011.
- Watch for DEMCO to announce the winner on January 20, 2012, at the ALA Midwinter Meeting (you don't have to be at Midwinter to win the prize). Applications will be evaluated and finalists selected based on budgetary need, impact new equipment will have on the gaming program, and program impact on applicant's facility and/or community.
One lucky winner will receive a Gaming Gear Package worth more than $3000,Â including a DEMCO Triple Play Kiosk, a 42" LCD TV, and an Xbox 360 Kinect Bundle. Click here to see the prize package details (pdf). You can learn more about the contest and prize package on the DEMCO site.
This is a great opportunity to expand your gaming program, so be sure to register for NGD11 and start planning your game activities now. Don't forget to thank DEMCO for partnering with ALA and supporting gaming in libraries!