We're excited to announce that DEMCO is again giving away a Gaming Gear Package to one lucky library that participates in National Gaming Day 2011!
Here's how your library can enter the contest.
- Register for this year's National Gaming Day event. If your library is already registered for NGD11, you're automatically eligible. To check if your library is registered, look for your name on the map of participating libraries.
- Download the DEMCO contest application form (pdf) and read through the entry rules (pdf). You'll want to prepare ahead of time how you'll capture the day's excitement @ your library. You may even want to involve your teen advisory board or a local gaming group to help track everything that happens so that you can include it in your contest entry.
- Participate on November 12, 2011. Play some games and have loads of fun!
- Submit your application to DEMCO by December 14, 2011.
- Watch for DEMCO to announce the winner on January 20, 2012, at the ALA Midwinter Meeting (you don't have to be at Midwinter to win the prize). Applications will be evaluated and finalists selected based on budgetary need, impact new equipment will have on the gaming program, and program impact on applicant's facility and/or community.
One lucky winner will receive a Gaming Gear Package worth more than $3000,Â including a DEMCO Triple Play Kiosk, a 42" LCD TV, and an Xbox 360 Kinect Bundle. Click here to see the prize package details (pdf). You can learn more about the contest and prize package on the DEMCO site.
This is a great opportunity to expand your gaming program, so be sure to register for NGD11 and start planning your game activities now. Don't forget to thank DEMCO for partnering with ALA and supporting gaming in libraries!
Don't forget that if your library registered to participate in National Gaming Day 2010, you're eligible to submit an entry to win DEMCO's awesome Gamer Gear Shopping Spree! If you win, you'll get $5000 to spend with them to level up your game program.
Find more information and the application on the DEMCO site.Â Entries are due by December 15th, which will be here before you know it.
We're thrilled to announce that DEMCO is partnering with us to help one lucky library level up its gaming program with a $5000 shopping spree! Yes, you read that right - a $5000 shopping spree.
Here's the deal.
Libraries that are registered with us for National Gaming Day 2010 are eligible to submit an application to win the prize. During your NGD10 activities, you'll want to take pictures, maybe get some video, talk with patrons to get ideas, etc. in order to show DEMCO your vision for a next-level gaming program for your community. Planning ahead and thinking big will likely be one of the keys to victory, because you'll want to show the great things that happened during your 2010 event in order to tell us how you'll build on it for next year.
A panel of judges will choose up to 15 finalists from all of the submissions, and then one winner will be randomly drawn from the finalists at ALA's Midwinter Meeting in January. If your library wins the shopping spree, you get the fun job of figuring out how to spend $5000 with them to make that vision happen. How awesome is that?
You can get the full details and get the application form on the DEMCO site. If you haven't already done so, make sure you register to participate in National Gaming Day so that your library is eligible for the contest. There are still some free games left, too, so hurry over to http://bit.ly/ngd10reg now! (When they're gone, they're gone....)
Then give a thumbs up for DEMCO on Facebook or reach out to them in another way to thank them for supporting gaming libraries in general and National Gaming Day in particular. ALA definitely appreciates their support.
So how would you spend $5000 to improve your gaming program?